Through research and personal experience, I discovered many ways I could change my daily routine, to help me feel better.
- I discovered that slow deep breathing can help a lot with fatigue and headaches.
- Meditate for at least 10 – 20 minutes a day. I downloaded the “Expand” app from Monroe Institute which has some great guided meditations which I use every day.
- Also, if you can find an online healing meditation, I highly recommend it. This has helped me a lot.
- Get some form of exercise every day, but do not overdo it. Sometimes just a slow walk up and down the street is a good way to start. And if that’s too much, just walk from one side of your home to the next.
- Avoid all emotional stress if possible. It’s okay to make your healing a priority, so avoid toxic people or situations.
- Reduce over-using your brain, for example I found that driving long durations or during rush hour could set me back quite a bit.
- Drink plenty of fluids, at least a quart of water a day. I also drink a quart a day of Liquid I.V.® (or other electrolyte and potassium drink) in addition to the two to four cups of the Cistus Incanus tea.
- If you have a bathtub, take Epsom salt baths. While I was suffering from Long Covid, I took them three to five times a week using 2 cups of Epsom salt per bath. I found these to be extremely beneficial as well.
Note: These baths can dehydrate you, so please drink plenty of fluids before, during and after the bath.
- Acupuncture helped lower my racing heart rate and high blood pressure.
- I started practicing a technique called “Earthing” or “Grounding,” where I use a conductive foot pad in my office to place my bare feet on, and I also have a conductive pillow to sleep at night on. Both are plugged into the ground portion of an electrical outlet. I notice I sleep better and the science on its benefits on healing are truly remarkable.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4378297/ I bought the Earthing products at https://www.earthing.com/